So it goes, the little engine that couldn’t. My Bachmann GE 44 ton switcher arrived Friday which many knew I was really looking forward to this as it marked the start of my Rio Grande/ATSF line. Well when I put it to the test loop on Saturday it ran ok at first but then things changed. I first had it run the loop in reverse for several minutes with no issues, the DCC stepping in the speed was right on but when it was time to go forward that was a differant story. In forward there was a grinding noise almost as if there was a piece of plastic being caught by a gear, so when I stopped the engine it would no longer go forward or reverse. However the DCC commands to turn on and off the lights were functioning and my power cab was getting information to and from the engine so that is when it became The Little Engine That Couldn’t.
Today I spoke with the main DCC guy at the hobby store from which I got it through, he was a great guy and is currently working with me on a solution. It is nice to see CUSTOMER SERVICE and realize I bought this online from a shop in another state from me and remember this is not a super pricey item, so that makes the CUSTOMER SERVICE they are offering so valuable these days!!
So stay tuned as I will keep updating as this progresses and I’m sure this little engine will ride again!!!